Thursday, January 13, 2011

Rush, Beck, Palin and their sheep.

As this week has unfolded, I became more and more amazed at how hateful Rush, Beck, and Palin have become.  Even more amazing is the sophomoric dolts who follow them, and believe every word they say, defending all of their actions no matter how despicable.

What bothers me is how stupid many of their followers are.  They don't realize that all three of them cater to the same people who created the mess we're in today.  They remind me of really bad used-car salespeople.  You know the one.  They tell you that the car was driven by a little old lady, and keep steering you away from the noticeable problems of the car while continually telling you how great you'd look driving the car.  They are expert sales people who sell crap and pass it off as something everyone needs.

They hammer on everything that is done by the Democrats.  Obama goes to Arizona and gives a great speech at the memorial, only to have these soulless wonders rush to denounce everything he had said and done, trying to make it look like a show.  I used to think they were total hypocrites, but now realize that it's all just a sales job to spread hate and loathing, all the while protecting corporate America and the rich, guarding their schemes to continue to divide the middle-class on the way to making this country a two class system.

Where are the children of the 60's?  I remember when I was growing up, marching for the first Ecology day.  I remember going door-to-door in my city with a petition to help save the clock-tower portion of our city's original city hall.  I remember how angry I would get when I watched the events from the Watt's Riots on TV, or the Vietnam War protesters.  Have liberals and progressives become tired of fighting?  Have they become part of the corporate world they so despised?  Have they become complacent?  Or have they resigned to the fact that there's no way to fight the corruption and greed?

What is there left to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment