Thursday, September 20, 2012

It's Pretty Clear


I grew up in a lower middle-class family.  My Mom was a homemaker, and my Dad worked in a factory.  When, at the age of 28 I decided to go to college, I did so while working 40+ hours a week.  Mom and Dad didn’t hand me a loan, and I didn’t have stock investments to sell to live off of, nor SSI to pay my tuition.  That folks, is earning one’s way.

What we have with the Romney\Ryan ticket are two people who have no idea what a struggle is.  They cannot relate to trying to make ends meet on a lower middle-class income.  Both men came from wealth, and both have made money off of investments, not from hard work.  Regardless of what they claim, they have never known, and probably will never know what it’s like to have to tell their kids they can’t go to a birthday party because you can’t even afford to buy a card, or to tell their kids they can’t participate in other youth activities because they don’t have the money.

The candidates from the Obama\Biden ticket know more about what struggles are, although they are as far removed from those struggles as I am, they too have gone through them personally and know how important a support system can be.  Joe Biden knows more about what it’s like for a bread winner to lose his/her job, than Paul Ryan or Mitt Romney do.  Therefore, the Obama\Biden ticket can relate more to the struggles of the middle-class.

I have seen people lose everything because of healthcare bills.  I have seen people lose jobs due to outsourcing.  One ticket only knows how to mouth the word “middle-class” and the other came from the middle-class.  I will vote for the latter.

No comments:

Post a Comment