Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Time To Fire This Up Again

 I've taken a 10 year hiatus, and I think I'm ready to get back to this now.  So much took place over the past 10 years, between family, work, and the political arena that I just found it hard to put my thoughts down in a routinely manner.  My hope is to post at least weekly, about topics ranging from aging to zealotry, and everything in between.  I also plan to allow for comments to try and bond with others who are like minded.

Some of these posts may be funny, some might be bitter, but all will be my opinion or my experience of what is going on.  If you don't agree with my blog, then let's have a discussion about that.  If I am attacked, then I may have to limited commenting to avoid me walking away from this.  So, if you do read this, then I thank you.  If you do subscribe, I thank you as well.  If you get anything out of it, then I am glad.

So, what has happened since I last blogged?  Well, I was let go from my previous job for speaking truth to power, and that set me on my current path.  As scary as that was, it was a 7 week hiatus that allowed me to read, and reflect a bit on my life and career.  I was fortunate enough to find a good paying job in my community, that has allowed for my wife and I to purchase a piece of land on a lake, and pursue our dream of living on a lake.  Kids are both done with college, and we just recently sold our house of 23 years.  It was bittersweet walking away from that house, and the city we moved to in 1997.  We made some good friends, and created thousands of great memories.  But now, with less than a year until retirement, we are ready to start another chapter.

Stay tuned.  I'm hoping to let you get to know me better, and to possibly find some like minded people as well.  Oh, and by the way, part of this is due to the fact that I was permanently banned from Twitter a while back, and I need a way to get my thoughts out to the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment